I have
always had challenges with relationships, I always held on to the belief that I
was just misunderstood and that whomever was my partner at the time was unable
to accept me fully as I was. Although some truth may lie in that, I now am
completely aware that it was I that did not accept me.
I have been
in a new relationship for a year now and I was still caught up in the same old belief,
you know that inner fear base voice that says “You are unacceptable, therefore
unlovable”. So it is no surprise that my new relationship is in conflict. What
you believe you are is reflected back in your everyday circumstances. As The
Law of Attractions teaches, like attracts like.
Last night
in bed I was just meditating and as student in A Course in Miracles we are taught
to listen to that part of you that is connected to Source, the Course calls it
the Holy Spirit, some call it inner wisdom, others the light within, or Spirit,
whatever you want to call it has no importance, what is important is to become
aware of that part inside you that Loves You unconditionally.
So as I was
meditating on my relationship and asking my inner guide why was this happening,
why was I suffering again? As I was talking
to my guide I was caught up with blaming my partner for not accepting me, and
if only he would just change his ways everything would be alright. After weeks
of meditation on this conflict with my partner, I had come to a point of
complete surrender and this must be why I finally allow myself to listen to the
wisdom of my guide. In A Course in
Miracles we are taught that with just a little willingness on our part the Holy
Spirit can enter our mind and guide us to our true nature of pure unconditional
love where we then allow our perceptions to be corrected.
Whenever you allow yourself to chose love
over fear you instantly find inner peace and the answers to your prayers are
always given to you. My guide made me understand that I was unable to accept my
partner’s behavior because I was unable to accept the part of me that I consider
weak therefore unlovable.
For one
brief instant I was given a Miracle, I choose Love over Fear and by doing so, I
was given the opportunity to see my partner’s innocence instead of his guilt.
As I became aware that by placing blame on him and not accepting his behavior
was really only a reflection of what I was doing to myself. In one instant
everything became clear to me, how could I ever accept another when I was
unable to accept me? How can I love
another when I did not love me?
Intellectually
I always knew this, after all years of self-help books did have an effect on my
mind. However it is one thing to understand something intellectually but to
wake up to that Self –realization is what enlightenment is all about, that is
true understanding, a feeling of Knowing
followed by a deep sense of peace. This
is the starting point of transformation. You can only change something once you
are willing to see the Truth above everything else.
I can now
honestly say that I am at a point in my life lessons where I can start to
really truly accept myself in all my glory. When you accept your darkness, you
finally allow your Light to step forward and shine brightly.
Accepting
yourself is a life long journey with many inner struggles, but when you finally
give up the resistance and let the Love that is deep inside you envelop you
with forgiveness and compassion and allow it to flow easily and embrace yourself in gentleness, you free
your Spirit to become all that Love
created you to be.
Choose Love
always!
Namasté
Cynthia Orlando
Affirmation of the Day!

So true. Peace comes only from inside.
ReplyDeleteSo lovely, perfect timing it resonates.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ciska
Delete